Monday, December 27, 2010

Oh Deer!

Well, like the line from Poltergeist, "They're back..." They are, in fact, never far away. And this morning when glancing out of the second story window of my bathroom, I saw a pair of them. Can you spot them in this first picture?

Perhaps this view taken from my deck as I stepped out to have a little reasonable conversation with them about eating my Canadian Hemlock makes them easier to see. For the
record, the one on the left was just resting and keeping a low profile against the 50 mph winds that have been howling through the area all day. The one on the right is the one that went from eating the English ivy (fine by me!) to the Canadian Hemlock (uh, sorry, no darlin'--even if you are eating for two, and she appeared to be). They both listened patiently to my offer, and then just as calmly tuned and ambled out of my yard.

But I know one thing: They will be back!

No comments: