Saturday, December 04, 2010

Purple Christmas Cheer!

And it IS purple! First artificial tree that I've ever owned, and first one I've put up in a couple of years. I got at Borders Books for 30% off of $110.00 and then saw it online for $299.97! The exact same tree...and let this be a lesson to everyone, comparison shop! And while I love real trees, compared to a live tree, it will pay for itself in 3 years.

And the ornaments that I've collected and created over the years being a great since of history with them that's a good thing. There were seasons when I could not have said that. But life is essentially good, and eventually it will find it's equilibrium in that place.

Piglet and Pooh were originally attached to the bows on packages. Good King Henry VIII was a purchase made of the Wallace Collection in London back in 2002. The kitty "pillow" ornament was home made like the seahorses in my recent posts.

The only stars I have are heavy things, so the top is a wizard that was a gift many years back now from a guest who attended an Advent dinner I made. Seems to work well with the purple tree and my present state of agnosticism!

No comments: