Sunday, April 24, 2011

I did it!

I bought this watercolor painting by April M. Rimpo on display at the Baltimore Watercolor Society's 2011 Mid-Atlantic Exhibition on display at the Strathmore Mansion gallery in Rockville, Maryland. I fell in love with it on my first encounter on Wednesday, April 20th. Stewed over it for four days. Returned on Saturday, April 23 to find it still unsold, and then bought it.

I have some amazing paintings in my collection. At least two artists who have grown to out-price me from any further acquisitions, and one work by Leonard Baskin that my ex- pointed me to which now is worth 10x's plus that I paid for it.

So art is an investment on any scale. Mine is a very humble abacus. My freedom is that I can buy things I love, images that surround me with beauty. The names of the artists increase: April Rimpo, Leonard Baskin, Douglas Witmer, Dean Gray, Jennifer Purdham, Andy Au, Todd Boebel, Renee Shaw, Barbara Kahla, Lynn Bennett-Carpenter, Bob Franks, Paul Rhymer, Della Baxter,
et. al....and the beauty of their works bring me both joy and comfort.

2 comments:

April M. Rimpo said...

I just found your blog with my artwork. I am so glad to hear how much you loved my painting. It was a sweet and sad moment to find out "Taking a Break" had been sold. I too really loved this painting and had finished it shortly before the exhibit, so I didn't get to enjoy it at home for very long. I'm glad its found a home with other beautiful art.

Randuwa said...

Trust that it will always be cherished. And thanks for keeping me on you mailing list for exhibitions, I appreciate it!