Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Zoo ~ Up-date

I have not been posting as voraciously lately and that's partly due to the fact that I'm delving ever deeper into the design and inhabitants of My Zoo project. I've been studying and reading up on mostly the fauna of sub-saharan Africa in preparation for my design and eventual unveiling of my next two ecosystem orbs the "East African Savannah" and the "Great Karoo/Cape of Good Hope."

In the process, I've been further side tracked by a more in depth review of the animal kingdom Aves. I have, in fact studied all the orders with living species, and within the orders listed all of the families and genera. That's a lot of latin words! Birds are fascinating.

Along the way I've picked up a few more to add to my existing orbs. At present eleven more to be exact and here they are by orb.

APPALACHIA









WESTERN NORTH AMERICAN VALLEY


SAHARA DESERT OASIS


and, EASTERN AUSTRALIA

No comments: