Friday, July 27, 2012

Newseum - Chapter 5: A Roof With A View

Best view of the nations capitol short of Dodge Thompson's office in the East Building of the National Gallery of Art (A view I've had the privilege of experiencing on a few occasions...)

Also a totally irresistible photo op!

Speaking of the East Building of the National Gallery you can watch it as it gets a face lift to keep the marble slabs of its exterior skin from free falling on some unsuspecting tourist's head!

the National Archives on Pennsylvania Avenue, NW.

The Smithsonian Castle over on Independence Avenue.

All along the railing is an illustrated timeline of the great moments of news making down on Pennsylvania Avenue over the years.

And the money shot! And I don't mind telling you that this was no easy pic for yours truly as by this point in my exploring of the sixth floor balcony my acute acrophobia was tilting my world toward space specific vertigo...time to retreat to the interior!

No comments: