Monday, July 02, 2012

Storm Damage In My Neighborhood, part 2

My neighbor knocked on my door in a frantic panic when he realized that the storm had damaged the roots of his ancient and magnificent Tulip Popular. The tree was suddenly leaning toward my home. So great was it's bulk that it could easily have sliced off the side of my home where my bedroom is as well as the entire sunroom.

I am not exaggerating the angle in this photo. The Central American lumberjack is in the tree preparing to remove as much of the crown as possible to keep it from falling. Does he have papers? Honestly, I don't give fucking shit about that. I watched a lot of crews all over my neighborhood with skilled and brave men tackling problems like these and no a single one of them was white, black or Asian. Immigration reform should start with these talented people, and lazy ass Americans should keep their pie holes shut! But I digress....


Get ready, get set...

PULL! Pull like bloody hell!!

Even the most egregious of boughs is swung around by their skill and strength so that it misses my home (on the right)...

...and falls into the space between my home and my neighbor's. Amazing and fascinating to watch. Crisis averted!

No comments: