Sunday, September 02, 2012

Dinner!

Dinner was an exercise in remaking left-overs. The Hollandaise sauce was revitalized here with fresh dill from my herb gardens.

I had poached a salmon fillet the day before and so salmon cakes were a natural next iteration.

Freshly poached salmon or the equivalent in canned (but I do it with fresh...)
1 cup of chicken stuffing
1/3 cup of a mayonnaise
1 egg
6 scallions
1/2 a green bell pepper
1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
black pepper ground in to taste

fried in olive oil

Complimented with blanched green beans from the farmer's market (boil for 5 minutes till squeaky bright green crispness).

Bon Apetit!

2 comments:

Dean Grey said...

You're just trying to make us all hungry, aren't you?

(~_^)

-Dean

(Love the sitting area too! The plants add to the already cheery setting).

Randuwa said...

You are welcome at my table any time. You bring the carnations, and I'll dazzle you with my culinary skills.