Sunday, September 09, 2012

What I'm Watching #293

I watched this really bad movie today. 10 Things I Have About You is part of my quest to see all of the movies that Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been in. In my humble opinion, he's one of the young actors whose work will eventually come to define the critical essence of his generation of actors--not the whores and self-indulgent pretty boys who snark at one another over the spotlight, but the truly and entirely real yet transcendent talents. Actors who are interesting to watch.

This was perhaps is his first big role in a film since taking on the sitcom 3rd Rock From The Sun. He actually made it while still participating in the show. He's clearly both enjoying the experience and learning from it. The movie itself suffers from just about every flaw a film could. The most interesting things about it are it's location and the boom camera! There is also a performance by the young Heath Ledger, who looks so much like the more mature Joseph Gordon-Levitt does today--I found that to be a little freaky.

No comments: