Sunday, June 01, 2014

Chicken & Rice Soup

This is what you do with the left-over rice from Chinese Take-out, and I made it with an already roasted chicken from the grocery's deli.

Broth: I combined one container of Swanson's chicken stock with two containers of water (a 1:2 ratio) and then added two condensed Knorr chicken stock gelatins.  Which I spiced with freshly ground Black Pepper, and Freshly picked and chopped Oregano, Thyme and Chives from my herb gardens.

I used both legs, thighs, and one breast of the roasted chicken pulled apart meat only.

I added one container of steamed left-over rice from Chinese carry-out.  And then I added 1 bunch of scallions, 3 small carrots and 3 stalks of celery all chopped.

Brought to boil and then let simmer for about an hour to let the flavors mingle.  It was pure ambrosia, melt in your mouth GOOD.

No comments: