Sunday, September 21, 2014

Cheesy Tortellini Veggie Bake

 Tonight's inspiration came from the Batter Homes and Gardens FB page, with my own twist on it, of course! I give you Cheesy Veggie Tortellini. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a hard copy recipe, it's a video presentation. I'm sure you can google find it. It uses chicken and mushrooms and then the reduction from those to make the sauce. I did not. I used a little chicken stock, butter, flour and milk with grated muenster cheese (BHG used softened cream cheese instead of the muenster, too). I also used the vegetables that I had remnants of in the chiller in the fridge: broccoli, red pepper, celery, carrot and green bean. What I found helpful in the BHG recipe was the adding in phases of some of the veggies into the boiling water with the tortellini as it cooked. For example, with 5 minutes left I added the carrots, with 4 the green beans, and with 2 the broccoli, no need to pre-cook the pepper or celery. This I would make again in a heart beat!

No comments: