Tuesday, September 23, 2014

More Mermen!

 As the holidays approach, I've added a couple of new mermen ornaments to my collection. "Hoodie" and "Pride" join the previous dozen, and I've decided to display them by hanging them in the sunroom. It's all about the "bling" is one of their slogans. But how to hang them in a way that does them justice? So I visited the local bead store with a notion. 

Yes, and, OF COURSE, Takoma Park has a bead store! I shared the idea percolating in my mind and the no-none-sense Samoan daughter of the owner was an awesome guide to the world of beads. It's very narcotic--and I'm not shitting you.
 My idea was to create tethers that have random pairings of beads reminiscent of bubbles rising--perfect right? So the nice young lady got me all set up with tools, and beads, and 'thread,' and clasps. I finished my first one and used it to hand "Diego" from my collection. I'm enjoying this project immensely.

No comments: