Friday, December 19, 2014

A Gift To Myself

Sometimes I buy really nice things for myself, too. This is my holiday present to myself. A one of a kind, hand turned maple burl bowl made by my friend, Tim. Tim is way too modest and sells his art way too cheap, but it's my win in this case. He has been a demonstrator of this art form all over the mid-Atlantic region and when the Smithsonian Institution's Renwick Gallery across from the White House planned a celebration of wood craft arts, they invited Tim there to share his work and demonstrate for the opening weekend. Tim's day job just happens to be at my school. I was years ago privileged to work with his son and daughter (both now in college) so my friendship with him began as a teacher-parent one. Life is good to each of us, I know. Who do you walk with who is simply amazing?


No comments: