Thursday, December 25, 2014

Such A Christmas Day!

Woke up at 7:30 AM and fixed a proper Christmas Breakfast with Bacon, 2-eggs Sunny-side-up and toast.  Toast, you ask?  Why yes, toast from the new toaster that Santa Clause left!
Next to fixing the fixings for my Christmas dinner.
This began with the preparation of pears to be roasted in spices and brandy for inclusion in the dinner's salad or bitter greens.  Next my attention turned to the bone-in Pork shoulder that I was roasting in the classic Italian way of the Porchetta.
 After scoring the flesh, I rubbed in an herb-licious paste and let it set for 3 hours before cooking.
 Out of the fridge and more herbs added, too.
Next to the veggies!  Got them ready: Potatoes, Green Beans, Red Peppers, and Carrots.  Covered them and waited for the Porchetta to come closer to it's end.
Prepared to take Romeo for our walk.  Opened the front door and discovered such a wonderful thing!  A gift bag from my neighbor, Jon.

 So many gifts!  For me and for Romeo, too.  Isn't the little knitted reindeer precious?
Then down to the park.  It was quiet in a word.  I wore my red Santa's hat and met a three-year-old who now totally believes that Santa Claus lives in Takoma Park after the Holiday rush.  
Home again and a lot of waiting.  A phone call from my dearest friend alleviated the monotony.  Then the dinner spread.
 The festive table spread.
 The roast beast!
The Master of House's plate!

No comments: