Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Is For Eclectic

Well, at lest where music is concerned.


Looking at my first 21 "A" titles in my iTunes playlist:

A-Tisket, A-Tasket ~ Ella Fitzgerald 
ABC ~ Glee Cast Version
Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive ~ Bing Crosby & the Andrew Sisters
Across the World ~ Pittbull, featuring B. O. B.
Adventures of Isabel ~ Natalie Merchant
After the Garden ~ Neil Young
Afterglow ~ Ian Axel
Afterhours ~ Johnny McGovern, featuring Adam Joseph
The Age of Worry ~ John Mayer
Aqua del Pozo ~ Alex Cuba
Airplane ~ Indigo Girls
Alive Again ~ Cher
All Hail the Power of Jesus Name ~ Acappella
All I Wanna Do ~ Jamie Lindell
All I Want ~ Jay Brannan
All Or Nothing At All ~ Billie Holiday
All Systems Red ~ Calexico
All The Stars ~ eastmountainwest
Alone ~ Trey Songz
Alone But Not Lonely ~ Mary Chapin Carpenter
Already Home ~ Jay-Z, featuring Kid Cudi

Which cross the following genre: Jazz, Pop, Vocal, Rap, Alternative, Rock, World, Christian, R & B, Country, and Hip Hop.

I love Kid Cudi, BTW. I also just love music, it's hard to find music that I don't at least get, even if I don't want to listen to it. Maybe Heavy Metal. But when you listen to a really robust version of Beethoven's 5th Symphony, like the Vienna Philharmonic's under maestro Simon Rattle, and you can see how modern ears might find the genre appealing.

No comments: