Monday, May 13, 2013

Marie Weinhold: May 7, 1920 to May 11, 2013


This is my dear friend, Marie Weinhold, who passed into ancestry yesterday after a brief illness and just past her 93rd birthday.  She is perhaps the only reason I can imagine for why I would wish there were a God.  For if anyone deserves an afterlife in paradise, it would be Marie.


Marie, in the jigsaw puzzle of my life, a crucial piece has just gone missing.  The void it's left honors your grace no longer given among the living....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marie was a dear friend of mine as well. Her birthdate was actually May 7th, 1920. And my dear,there is a God and Marie knew Him well and is now at home with Him in Paradise. Thank you for posting this/memorializing her in this way. I know she prays that one day you will join her with Him. God bless you!

Randuwa said...

anonymous, Thank you for setting the record straight regarding her birthday. My recollection was that it was one week before her grandson, Jonathan's, who was my lover from 1994-2002. A period of time, and after, when we visited her on a monthly basis and often had her spend the night in our home over weekends around celebrations and dinner parties. She was every bit the most amazing human being and life of the party.

As to your need to use this post to posit your own views on religion--fuck off. I know this would tickle Marie to no end. She was a far more open and loving person than you probably realized. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Sorry...wasnt trying to posit any views or offend anyone. Just stating her as I knew her. She was an amazing person! Loving,hysterically funny and wise. Marie loved everyone and everyone loved her.

Randuwa2 said...

True out!