Sunday, May 26, 2013

Garden Developments

Some images from my gardens this weekend.


This little patch under the kitchen window used to be a useless patch of ground that I could get stuff to grow in sorta but little would outlast a year or two and nothing with any vigor. Then my neighbor gave me some extra Japanese Anemone a couple of years ago and things have changed! All that remains of any of the former co-habitants is a beleaguered looking evening primrose! 



Leaves of the Anemone japonica, and the flower is an Evening Primrose.


The ferns in front are loving the cool weather and rain! In nearly 20 years I've taken the front yard from a slab of hard clay that would barely support grass, to a lush "fern bank" with all manner of supporting players. There are 5 species of ferns in this photo: Woodland, Japanese Painted, Cinnamon, Lady, and Autumn.


A Spiderwort given to me by my neighbor in one of his moments of generosity.  He is really generous when he is generous!


These Spiderworts were discovered in my neighborhood during a walk this afternoon.  Lovely wildflowers.

No comments: