Thursday, August 08, 2013

A Twist On Pork & Bean Soup!

This is a soup that I really like to make, but I don't really have a good name for it!
1 pkg country style boneless Pork
1 medium Yellow Onion
2 cloves of Garlic
2 medium Carrots
1 small Red Pepper
1 medium Jalapeño Pepper
1 can Cannellini Beans
some fresh Sage and Rosemary
1 pkg (8 oz) of Baby Spinach
Olive Oil
Chicken Stock
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper (fresh to grind)

I start by browning a little pork (county style, or boneless ribs) in some olive oil and then add in a finely diced onion and garlic.  Simmer for a few minutes and then add chicken stock with carrots, and red pepper, and this time I had a jalapeño to dice and add in, too.  Then a can of cannellini beans (with broth).  Lastly, some fresh sage and rosemary and let simmer for a good 30 minutes adding a little salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.  Finally, I add baby spinach and cover turning the heat off and just letting it all steep for another 20 minutes of so. Yum Yum,

2 comments:

Chris said...

Put it in my recipe program. Will leave out the spinach as I don't care much for it. Thank you!

Randuwa said...

Chris,

I have to say that the spinach adds a special element to the whole. But you could also use Kale or even cabbage to great culinary and health effect! Bon Apetit, mon ami!