Sunday, January 29, 2017

National Building Museum

I have often written about this Museum in a sea of museums, and promoted it's venue and offerings.  Truth is that just going inside it's behemoth interior is enough to impress anyone short of the Vatican!

I left for the theater with time to cover any issues with the Metro and as fate would have it, there were none! So I arrived in plenty of time to duck into the National Building Museum and run through their exhibit called "Timber City" about the efficacy of building public spaces from wood. It was complete with lots of those amazing architectural models of balsawood that I just love to bits!

Beautifully crafted large wooden placards featured examples of wood constructed facilities.
One of the many amazing wooden architectural models.  In another life, I would have made a career out of creating these!




No comments: