Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Nature Conservancy


natureconservancy
Originally uploaded by Randuwa.
I quick pick for a worthy organization. I have been a member off and on (mostly on!) for the past 25 years. It's approach is simple. Want to save the ecologically sensitive lands? Buy them. And then members work to care for them. If you're ever in the DC/Metro area and see a 1992 Red Nisson pick-up with a "Save Jessamine Creek" bumper sticker on it, wave--it's me. Jessamine creek was a Nature Conservancy project that I was very involved in back when I lived in Kentucky in the 80's and early 90's. One of God's great gifts. And the best part for me about the Nature Conservancy's approach to the problem is it's completely non-partisan strategy that combines capitalism and progressive ideals. Something for everyone! My chapter's website can be accessed at: nature.org/marylanddc

No comments: