Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Put Your Money Where Your Heart Is


candidatessupported
Originally uploaded by Randuwa.
And in this season of political despair, that means contributions to candidates who are in tough races.

My checks have gone to many. I am just an elementary school teacher; and while single and working for a generous system, I am NOT a wealthy man. So I have made the choice to bite the bullet, and forego discressionary spending to hopefully be part of the growing tide for change in a way that not only benefits my aspirations for this great nation, but helps to counter the corporate mechanisms that render too many votes in other places neuter.

My list?

Nick Lampson - TX22 ~ $50
Nancy Boyda - KS2 ~ $50
Brad Ellsworth - IN8 ~ $50
Tammy Duckworth - IL6 ~ $100
Gerald McNerney - CA11 ~ $50
Patricia Madrid - NM1 ~ $50
Ed Perlmutter - CO7 ~ $50
John Hall - NY19 ~ $50
Michael Arcuri - NY22 ~ $50
Patrick Murphy - PA8 ~ $250
Andrew Duck - MD6 ~ $100
Chris Van Hollen - MD8 ~ $25
Heathe Shuller - NC11 ~ $50
Ron Klein - FL22 ~ $50
Christine Jennings - FL13 ~ $50
Ken Lucas - KY4 ~ $50

Senate:
Clare McCaskill - MO ~ $200
Harold Ford - TN ~ $150
Ned LaMont - CT ~ $50

Total: $1,325 My Federally mandated cap is $2,100; My Mortgage payment is $1,953..... I have supported 19 candidates for public office in critically important districts and states for less than it costs me to enjoy 30 days in the comfort of my home. All things are relative, but no matter what happens on November 7th; my conscience is clear. I know I have stepped up to the plate and done the research, watched the trends, and made the wisest investments that I can.

Your Turn....before it's too late.

No comments: