Friday, September 21, 2007

Art I'm Owning #1


tboebelphotos
Originally uploaded by Randuwa
A new strand, yeah!

I like art. I like original works of art. To that extent I have purchased a wide variety of artworks over the years. Like the famous postman from NYC who created an amazing collection of modernist/post-modernist works...I fantasize about having a collection that some day is note worthy. I also, an more importantly, exist in a home full of art that daily edifies my soul.

Today I picked up two of my latest members of my art family from my framer. This particular work is a duo of photos taken by Todd Boebel from a series of photos that he took back in the 1990's. He is from Akron, Ohio, and this series of industrial works was produced by exploring the grounds and rooftops of abandoned/closed factories. They reference the works of both Charles Sheeler (1883 - 1965) and Charles Demuth (1883 - 1935). And this particular set more even than others.

Todd is a gifted artist and lives and works in NYC. You need a photo. He works professionally, so check him out.

No comments: