Sunday, September 09, 2007

Kudus to Leonardo


eleventhhour
Originally uploaded by Randuwa
Putting aside the petty pains of our day to day lives, we all really need to focus our attentions and resources toward the future. I am as guilty as you in not living my life in this mindset. But I'm just a regular guy. A middle income dude living out the American Dream one pay-check to the next.

I'm not an awarding winning actor with millions of dollars in the bank. And if I was, I wonder if I would choose to invest my wealth in such a way.... Thank god, Leonardo di Caprio is not me; because he has put his money were his heart is in backing this film.

It's stark, it's shocking, it's redemptive, it's full of hope. It places both the facts and future squarely in our hands. May it inspire each of us to be as courageous and generous with our relative wealths so that we consciously strive to be part of a collective solution, rather than just another part of the problem.

No comments: