Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Quilting Ways #02


ohiotipsystar
Originally uploaded by Randuwa
After completing my first, over-the-top, "Wordsearch," appliqué quilt....and surviving the experience; I decided to look into the process of quilt making as an art form and hobby.

My second quilt is this one. The pattern is called "Ohio Tipsy Star". I used some of the fabrics from my first extravigant production; but purchased both the subtly patterned white background and equally subtle green fabric which forms the lionshare of "stars" as unifying elements.

The "quilting" of this quilt was accomplished on my sewing macine with a very intricate pattern. It's mind boggling now how I ever managed such a feat: like someone looking back on a youthful athletic victory and thinking that someone else must have done that!

No comments: