Monday, May 30, 2016

Awesome Appetizer/Snack

The  discovery of a new cheese at my local independent grocery store, Schniders, got my culinary wheels turning in over-drive.  The possibilities!  I mean, seriously--a cheese from Wisconsin called Mango Fire Cheddar?

So I looked around and thought about what I also had at home that would work with my diabolical imagination.  I settled on a French Baguette and a Green Pepper.  Then home to realize my scheme.

 To the afore mentioned items, I added Compaña Tomatoes, Golden Raisins, Butter and my Black Pepper grinder (not shown).
No time to waste I sliced some medallions out of the bread, sliced some of the Tomatoes, diced some of the Green Pepper and then assembled them thusly: Baguette medallion buttered, add Tomato slices, season with freshly ground Black Pepper, topped with a little diced Green Pepper and some Golden Raisins.  Then I added a couple of sliced of the inspirational cheese.  Next into the broiler.  May 5 minutes, but don't set your time--watch, otherwise those sugar rich raisins will burn to a crisp in a heartbeat!
Can I say, that for something I just pulled out of my ass on the spur of the moment, I would so make these again and happily serve them to guests!  The flavors blended perfectly--the tart, the sweet, the creamy, the hot, and mildly bitter--all on bread.  I mean, get real...it doesn't get any better.  

No comments: