Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Little Perks

Stopped in the hall on Monday at school and handed this note.

Asher is a kindergartener who I have never had the opportunity to help with anything so far as I can recall.  He has a sister in another grade, she is transgender and has been out since kindergarten.  If you ever wonder about the issue of transgender people, meeting her will completely change your heart unless you just don't have one or are a religious freak.  But I digress.  I mention Asher's sister because I do know he has long worried about her safety.  I have always gone out of my way to treat her with respect and nonchalance.  Perhaps he's noticed that, OR perhaps he chose to write to me because our names are so close to one another!  It's a kindergartner's reasoning.  

No comments: