Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Tuna Noodle Casserole


The way I make this is really simple...and I think it's best this way.

First, I sauté a 16 ounce package of sliced Button Mushrooms in a little olive oil and covered on medium. They get tossed occasionally until they are rubbery but not shrunken.

Second, I combine in a medium pot 1 can on condensed cream of mushroom soup, 1 8 oz container of sour cream, and one 8 ounce package of extra-sharp cheddar cheese that I shred. NEVER BUY the pre-shredded, no one needs to me that lazy!  I cook these stirring until the cheese is melted.

Third I add the mushrooms to the soup mix, and then two cans of Solid Lite Yellow Fin Tuna. NOT Albacore (mercury heavy metal laced) and ALWAYS Solid--real Tuna.

Fourth I pour this over a package of cooked noodles in the casserole dish and top with crumbled wavy potato chips and then cook at 300˚ for 50 minutes.

Add a little salt to taste and freshly ground black pepper at serving, if you want.

No comments: