Sunday, January 08, 2006

Nicaragua Memoir #3


jeffreylucymarco
Originally uploaded by Randuwa.
Here are (L-R) Jeffrey, Lucie, and Marco. Jeffrey is a teacher of English at Casa Ave Maria, and Lucie and Marco are two of his students.

During my recent visit they practically adopted me! Lucie offered her home on the Monday and Tuesday of my stay for lunch, which she prepared and was absolutely fabulous! Marco became our chauffeur, transporting us from CAM to Lucie's and other locations around Managua. I find that there are people with who I can hold a decent conversation in Spanish and those who utter baffle me. Marco was someone with who I was able to hold a conversation for an extended period. And totally typical of Nicaraguans, they were all generous and gracious beyond anything that I deserve.

No comments: