Thursday, November 19, 2009

What I'm Listening To #67

Alex Cuba's latest CD "Agua del Pozo" is just a joy from one track to the next. It is one of the most intimate CD's I've listened to in like forever. His voice is rich and sweet and I for one cannot resist singing along if for no other reason than to feel my vocal cords resonate along with his. Mellow, soothing, an everyman's voice, Alex sings songs of his own composition which wrap themselves around your heart in one instance and your hips in the next! As "Amor Infinito" left almost wanting to cry, and for no other reason than it was just so tender, "Tu Boca Lo Quita" and "Penita en la Cara" had me cursing my hoplessly Anglo genes that have always inhibited my ability to Salsa...but not my desire to try!

This is a truly wonderful CD! I rate it "a buy without reservation!"

No comments: