Monday, December 23, 2013

Veggie Lasagna!

I don't know what caused me to wait so long in my culinary journey to embrace the lasagna noodle!  Now, I just having all kinds of fun with it...  My latest creation: Veggie Lasagna.
The sauce is a mixture of frozen (thawed out and drained of all moisture) Spinach with Sour Cream, Condensed Cream of Broccoli Soup, and 6 Blend Italian Cheese (shredded).  After spreading a layer of this, I topped it with a medley of diced: Carrots, Scallions, Green Beans, Broccoli, Celery, Green Bell Pepper, Red Bell Pepper, and Corn.  Sprinkled with some more cheese and then a layer of Lasagna Noodles and begin again.  Topped with lots of cheese.

IMPORTANT: Blanch the broccoli, green beans and carrots before dicing, or they just won't cook up tender.

1 comment:

Dean Grey said...

Mmmmm......

What a nice change from traditional lasagna.

-Dean