Monday, July 28, 2014

Congress Critter #1

A new series!  Woop woop.  Let's start with the newest member of congress, Curtis Clawson from Florida.  He was elected to replace Trey Radel after that first term Tea Party darling was caught buying cocaine--LOTS OF COCAINE!  So enter first time politician Curtis Clawson.  He's sitting on a panel and in spite of their introduction and name plates, he things these two US Government officials are foreigners.  Transcript says it all!
Clawson: I am familiar with your country. I love your country. And I am hopeful with the new change in regime that the future and the land of promise and the land of opportunity of India can finally become so….
So, I’m enthusiastic about working with you all and anything I can do to make the relationship with India better….
So, just as your capital is welcome here to produce good-paying jobs in the U.S., I’d like our capital to be welcome there and there to be free enough capital so that both sides are on the same territory. And I ask cooperation and commitment and priority from your government in so doing. Can I have that?
Biswal: I think your question is to the Indian government and we certainly share your sentiments, and we certainly will advocate that on behalf of the U.S. government.
Clawson: Of course. And I’m asking your opinion of how they view….
Biswal: Like I said, I think we have heard a lot of positive signals, a lot of positive intentions. And we will be engaging both through the state department, through the commerce department, through our USTR, through our treasury department to make sure that we are engaging on those issues and looking for the concrete steps forward.
Clawson: Okay, let’s see some progress.

No comments: