Sunday, July 10, 2016

From a "Tasty" Video Inspired Concoction...

From My kitchen to you!
 Step 1: Assemble the ingredients: Crescent roles (16), Prosciutto, Mozzarella cheese, Pepperocini OR Banana Pepper rings, fresh Basil (with nice big leaves), Ham (I preferred Smoked), Provolone cheese, and Salami (again, I preferred a nice Hard Salami).
 Create a "Compass Rose" of the crescent rolls.  I will admit, I HATE crescent rolls from the canister. They are sticky and stretchy and hard to manage...but the promised outcome drove me to endure this.
 First layer: shredded Mozzarella cheese.
 Second layer: Banana Pepper rings.
 Third layer: fresh Basil leaves.
 Fourth layer: half slices of Hard Salami.
 Fifth layer: folded thin slices of deli Smoked Ham.
 Sixth layer: folded thin slices of deli Prosciutto.
 Seventh layer: half slices of Provolone cheese.
 Final treatment: sprinkled salt and freshly ground pepper.
 Fold the limbs in to create a "wreath".

 Back at 375˚ for 30 minutes (not a minute more!)
 Allow to cool for 15 minutes and transfer to a serving platter.  I added a dipping bowl of Olive Oil and Italian Spices.  In retrospect, I might have filled it with a marinara sauce.
On a scale of 1 to 10?  Somewhere between a 7.5 and 8.  It would be well received at most parties and casual gatherings like game days or poker nights or kids sleepovers. 

No comments: