Monday, September 04, 2017

Summer Vacation Redux #15: Badlands National Park, part 3 of 4


The central portion of the drive (and 3rd of 4 sections of Badlands National Park posts) will continue to provide amazing vistas of a range of geological features in colors that are sublime.  There is also an area to get out and explore information about the fossil history of the park.  At one overlook I got my first distant views of a Bighorn Sheep, but it took me looking at the image from the camera up close to realize it was wearing a radio collar!  Again, I'm re-sharing the two maps for the integrity of this post.







The drive through the park moves in turns from the plateau over the badlands to the plain stretching out below and back again. 

This is the pull off area for the extended accessible hiking trail and Fossil exhibits. The trail is set up as a level boardwalk to accommodate otherly-mobile individuals such as those with wheelchairs or walkers. It's a really exceptional accommodation that I was very impressed by.

And there is my faithful little Red Nissan Versa with the Alabama liscense plate! What a great rental. I first rented one when in Seattle in March of 2016, and I'm so enamored with it, I'm seriously thinking about buying one as a second car to commute in once my truck is paid off. End of Nissan commercial! 




There she is! 


Surveying her domain. 

End of photo op.....

Here on the western end of the northern area of the park, add ochre to your color palate! 



No comments: