Sunday, July 23, 2017

Lake Superior Zoo Re-Design #8

The final addition to this longtime zoo would be a world class Herpetarium.  Herpetariums house collections of Amphibians and Reptiles.  I will tell you that I was not a fan (nor did I disdain) of these collections in zoos until I first visited the Herpetarium at the Philadelphia Zoo--it rocked my world.  And it opened my eyes to the potential of a really finely designed Herpetarium.  How it takes some of the most ancient and too often critically endangered members of our world and displays them to benefit of their very survival.  This is my first shot at creating one and the influences in my choices are as varied as Temple Grandin, Frank Lloyd Wright and Dr. Roger Conant.  I hope you find it worthy of all three. You'll have to click on the image to get the full effect.

No comments: