Monday, August 22, 2016

National Air & Space Museum, part 7: Odds & Ends


I'll end out visit to the Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum with some odds and ends from the second floor. 


More Apollo modules and artifacts from the "Apollo to the Moon" gallery. To thing that the TI-hand calculator that I used in high school had more power than the computers controlled by the Command Module Main Control Console--And we got men to the moon and back! 


I did take in a show at the Einstein Planetarium. Journey to the Stars narrated by Whoopie Goldberg. Any show there is worth the price of admission. This one completely by-passed the "Big Bang Theory" in describing the origin of the universe--very interesting. I hadn't realized that it was passé. 

Finally, I did visit one of the war rooms, which was designed to mimic an aircraft carrier. You could stand in the command room of the main deck and watch planes land on the deck before you--I thought that was interesting.

No comments: