Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Catch Up! Deck Replacement

From March 5th to March 15th, I had a new deck built to replace my old deck.  The old deck came with the house when I bought it back in 1994.  It was probably 2 years old then--so it lasted a quarter of a century, which I think is pretty good for something built of wood and left to the environment.
 The old deck was a good deck.  But even good things come to end.

 And it did!  And then the yard looked so bare.

 First time I'd ever seen the stoop.  I was surprised to see that it was made of brick.
 Because my days were sometimes long, my first sight of the day's work was often at night.


 The dimensions of the new deck were larger than those of the old.


 The finished product was very pleasing and continues to please me and my Romeo.  The company is the main force in fences etc in this region.  The initial estimate came to me back in early February, and I balked at it and countered with an offer that included 1 adjustment and a couple of reconsiderations.  In the end they accepted my conditions and I save nearly $2,000.00 dollars off the final price.  Hey, all you can do is ask.  Right?

No comments: