Sunday, April 24, 2016

Spring Break Redux: The Woodland Park Zoo, part 1 of 9

On Monday morning I started the "animal day" @ The Woodland Park Zoo. The day was supposed to be sunny, but at 10:00 AM it was overcast and drizzly. I parked a ways away from the entrance, because I didn't have a clear picture of where the entrance was...now I know! And my first stop was the exhibit of Humboldt Penguins. They are a small breed like the African Penguins housed at the Maryland Zoo, but Humboldts are native to South America. I was impressed by the size and design of their habitat. There were also a couple of them who were especially good at posing. 




Humboldt Penguins
Humboldt Penguin
Humboldt Penguin

 As I was leaving I noticed a bronze sculpture of a little Fennec Fox posed inexplicably next to a whole in an old concrete wall... Odd, but also sweet. It seems impossible to visit any zoo without running in bronze sculptures of animals, too.

No comments: