Saturday, April 23, 2016

Spring Break Redux: Volunteer Park, Seattle

From SAM I walked back to my Hotel to get my rental car and headed up to Volunteer Park to visit the Asian Museum of Art--a corollary to SAM. My goal was the Art Museum, but I quickly discovered that there was so much more to see as part of Volunteer Park. I would advise anyone going to Seattle to find the time to include a visit to this place.
Volunteer Park is the site of Seattle's first municipal reservoir. It was designed by Frederick Olmsted who also happened to design Central Park in New York City and a couple of parks in Washington, D.C. and well, he is considered the grandfather of public park design in the United States. I have decided for this recap to not crop any of the images. I will add to these park pics with 1) pics from the Asian Art Museum, 2) pics from the Volunteer Park Conservatory, and 3) pics from the original Volunteer Park Water Tower. I was here from about 2:00 pm to 4:30 PM and so you can notice how much the weather changed! Makes the DC weather look like a game of mumbly pegs!








No comments: