Friday, April 29, 2016

Spring Break Redux: Pike Place Market


Since the Frye Art Museum was so much less than I had expected, I had time to make my last official tourist act in Seattle a visit to the Pike Place Market. I was there between 4:30 and 5:30 in the PM so most the "action" was over for the day, but that was just fine by me--I'd had enough excitement for one day anyways. So I enjoyed the sights and smells, piked up some books, some souvenirs, a couple of gifts and even dinner for a very low key final evening in my hotel room.



 This guy was very funny. He struck up a conversation with a woman browsing and using her name acted like they had met at friend's party and then implied that they had a good time, but she couldn't remember it and was obviously freaking out...and then he confessed that he was just joshing with her. She asked, "How did you know my name?" He smiled, and said, "It's right there, on your Starbuck's cup."











No comments: