Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Spring Break Redux: The Space Needle

I went to the Space Needle on a day with nary a cloud in the sky--it was amazing!  I had lunch there and it was delicious.  I will warn you, I post a lot of images from the elevator, the observation deck and the Cafe.

And I want to share this quick tale--and it's true!  After arriving up to the observation deck I was waiting for the cafe to open and taking pictures.  Suddenly a somewhat familiar looking woman comes up to me as asks, "Do you work at Blah Blah Elementary school?"

Then I knew where I knew her from and broke into a big smile, "Yes, I do!"

"Karly said it was you!  Karly, Noah, come over here, it is Mr. A-------."

That would be the M--------- Family from Gaithersburg, Maryland all the way across the country running into me at the top of the Space Needle!  What are the chances?


  From the elevator #1.
  From the elevator #2.
  From the elevator #3.
 From the elevator #4.

 Looking South.
 Looking North.
 In the cafe as it slowly spins to reveal all views.
 Looking South over the bay from my Cafe table.
 Appetizer: Dungenus Crab Cakes.
 Main Course: Prime Rib Sandwich.
 This is the Bill and Melinda Gates Center with the eco-friendly roof and most reasonable public parking the area--hint, hint.
 A closer up of Volunteer Park with the Asian Art Museum and the Waterpower.
 Looking East to the Cascade Mountains

 Downtown Seattle with Mount Rainier in the distance--was a magnificent mountain!

 Looking West across Puget Sound.
 Looking North to the snow capped Rockies in Canada.
 Outside on the outer deck--cold and windy!

No comments: