Saturday, April 23, 2016

Spring Break Redux: SAM (Seattle Art Museum) part 1 of 8

 Just a block further from my Hotel than the Benaroya Hall, the Seattle Art Museum (SAM) is a wonderful art museum with a collection that is honoring of it's geographic regionalism and yet broad and wonderfully multi-cultural across millennia.  I break my visit down into 8 posts.




 The killer for me was that Kehinde Wiley's retrospective "A New Republic" was on exhibition!  I had hoped to get to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta to see it, but didn't.  Then I thought I might be able to get up to New York City and catch it at the Brooklyn Museum of Art--but no luck there either...  So when I discovered that it would in Seattle at the same time of trip, I literally extended my vacation by a day on the front end to ensure that I would have all the time I wanted to experience it.  You gotta have your priorities, right?

No comments: