Sunday, April 24, 2016

Spring Break Redux: The Woodland Park Zoo, part 4 or 9


After spending time with the Gorillas, the rain stopped for the last time, and I looped around heading into a sort of Hodge Podge corridor of the zoo. There were Flamingos--truly low hanging fruit in the zoo world--but I also find them quite fascinating. Attaching comments to the pics. A Pula, a Red Panda and some White-naped Cranes, none of which allowed for any good pics. But best of all was the pair of Maned Wolves! I've never seen this species before in person. They were so beautiful, and I just spent a lot of time in their presence.




 So much here. Look at that damned goose!--standing on one leg!!! And I couldn't help by think "Pink is the New Black" and the goose is the yard guard. Cheers!
 So much here. Look at that damned goose!--standing on one leg!!! And I couldn't help by think "Pink is the New Black" and the goose is the yard guard. Cheers!

 Such a mash up of characteristics: Red Fox coloration, lets more like a gazelle, ears like a Fennec Fox and those eyes! SO mournful and tender.

No comments: