Thursday, April 21, 2016

Spring Break Redux: Capitol Limited


So the Amtrak adventure began in Washington, DC on March 23rd on the Capitol Limited which was an overnight journey to Chicago.  It travels up through:

  • Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
  • Cumberland, Maryland
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Cleveland, Ohio
  • Toledo, Ohio
  • South Bend, Indiana
among other places on its way to Chicago.
My car attendant was a wonderfully nice man, Carlos.  He was very personable and helpful to me in navigating my first Roommette overnight train trip.  The train rain well and we actually arrived in Chicago 30 minutes ahead of schedule--which is not something one often experiences.

This extended my lay-over in Chicago and made my plans to meet up with friends even more relaxing.

No comments: