Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Spring Break Redux: The EMP Museum, part 1


Last Day in Seattle started with a visit to the EMP museum. It's an amazing building with exhibits about Culture, Music and Modernity. I arrived at 10 AM when it opened. The building was designed by architect Frank Gehry. It shines with his sensibility. I have to say that it also responds to the light in a powerful way. The morning light gives it life in a way that afternoon light does not. And I mean on the inside. When the sun is high, the inside is dull. GO in the morning! Here I take you to the first exhibition: The Guitar Room. More to come.
 Began my final day by waiting for my rent-a-car and looking at the Seattle Public Library directly across from the entrance of my hotel.
 It's located on a site in the park with the Space Needle.



 There is a funky looking cafe inside.
 Great image of the ticket desk.

 A tornado of guitars! (banjos, bases, lutes, etc...)
 This gallery is full of amazing vintage guitars and guitars owned by MANY amazing guitarists!


 Famous guitars like this one from Jimi Hendrix
 ... and this one from Woody Guthrie!
A great design to the space, benches shaped like guitar picks with various videos running all around.

No comments: